OSCI Stem Cell Rounds features monthly seminars and debates within the fields of stem cell and bioengineering research. OSCI will now be webcasting all rounds! Each rounds will be hosted at a unique web address. See below for the address of the next rounds.
Rounds are now finished for this year. Enjoy the summer and check back in September!
Chat Room Instructions:
- Go to (same link every webcast): http://eos.ic.utoronto.ca/ic-chat/
- User Name: your choice but please use institution in the name so we know where the question/comment is coming from i.e. Mary_Mac or John_UWO
- Password: none needed
- Karun Singh, Scientist, McMaster Stem Cell & Cancer Research Institute, "Understanding neuropsychiatric disease signalling pathways in brain development".
- Jonathan Rast, Scientist, Sunnybrook Research Institute, "Conserved hematopoietic regulators of pluripotency control the development of immune cells in a simple invertebrate gene regulatory network model".
- Vince Tropepe, Associate Professor, University of Toronto, "Retinal stem cells: a view from the margin".
- A debate between Derek van der Kooy, Molecular Genetics, and Rodrigo Fernandez-Gonzalez, Assistant Professor, IBBME, U of T: Biomedical engineering has "contributed nothing to our knowledge of developmental biology and stem cells".
- James Ellis, Senior Scientist, SickKids, ""Drug Testing for Personalized Medicine: the value of reprogrammed cells from a single patient".
- Kristin Hope, Scientist at the McMaster Stem Cell & Cancer Research Institute, "Dissecting the role of the RNA-binding protein Msi2 in hematopoietic stem cell function".
- A debate between Ben Alman, Senior Scientist, SickKids vs. Dean Betts, Associate Professor, University of Western Ontario, "Do stem cells age?".
- Penney Gilbert, Assistant Professor, Institute of Biometerials & Biomedical Engineering, University of Toronto, "Therapeutic rejuvenation of muscle stem cells: ex vivo restores strength in aged mice".